Thunderstorms move into Charlotte | Weather
Charlotte -- Tuesday's high heat and heavy humidity gave way in the late afternoon to a cluster of thunderstorms over the Charlotte area. Several locations outside of Charlotte, including Boone and Statesville found themselves under a severe thunderstorm warning.
While Charlotte and Mecklenburg County were not under a severe weather warning, many locations did get a taste of thunder, lightning and rain, some of it heavy.
There were trees reported down across all four lanes of Monroe Road in Charlotte near Briar Creek Road. Traffic was blocked during rush hour. Traffic was also slowed due to trees down on Randolf Road at Colville Road in Charlotte.
Upcoming Events near Statesville - Iredell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lincoln Co. Lieutenant named “Employee of the Year”
- Investigators find 22nd meth lab of year in Lincoln Co.
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- Police: woman claims "b******" stole her drugs, crack pipes found in bra
- Quadry in a quandry; sheriff says student left key piece of evidence at home break in
- Livingstone set for major announcement involved with SEED Foundation
- Gallery tour and James Donaldson reception tonight
- NASCAR tests Gen-6 car for 2014