School bus involved in wreck in Statesville | Schools
STATESVILLE - A bus from the Pressly School in Statesville was involved in a crash with a passenger vehicle on Tuesday afternoon, Iredell-Statesville Schools Director of Public Relations Dawn Creason confirmed.
Creason said bus #2 wrecked around 3:17 p.m. on Bell Farm Road.
According to Creason, none of the ten students onboard the bus nor the bus driver were injuring in the incident.
The driver of the vehicle was airlifted to a hospital with unknown injuries, the Iredell County Sheriff's Office said.
The sheriff's office said the bus driver does not appear to be at fault. It is Iredell-Statesville Schools policy to change drivers and have the driver involved in the incident submit to a drug test.
A second bus was sent to pick up the students and continue on their route.
Pressly School is an alternative school located at 222 Knox Street in Statesville.
Upcoming Events near Statesville - Iredell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Police looking for two men who robbed north Charlotte bank
- Man shot after firing at deputies, trying to rob store, officials say
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend
- Teachers selling BBQ to show "Love for Leah"
- Newlywed man shot in head during break-in was supposed to be at Florida prison with church choir
- Suspect ID'd in newlywed shooting, considered armed & dangerous
- NASCAR fires up the cars at CMS for testing; watch it free from inside
- Icy conditions for the Carolinas?
- Jeff Childress Named Catawba’s Interim Director of Athletics