Duo arrested for selling marijuana to undercover officer, officials say | News
IREDELL COUNTY, NC (WBTV)- Two Statesville men were arrested Monday for selling marijuana to an undercover officer, according to the Iredell County Sheriff's Office.
Detectives say they received information on the duo from numerous sources, and after conducting a thorough investigation, which included multiple hours of surveillance and interviews, were able to determine that Michael Charles Lovaglio, 31, and Matthew Joseph Harris, 20, were selling marijuana out of a home on Deer Trail Road.
An undercover officer was able to make contact and purchase quantities of high-grade marijuana from both Lovaglio and Harris on different occasions, officials told WBTV.
During the course of the investigation, investigators also discovered that Lovaglio was in possession of a variety of firearms, despite the fact that he had an ex-parte order - a domestic violence complaint signed by a judge - against him.
Several guns, including automatic rifles, had already been seized from Lovaglio by the Sheriff's Office when the order was issued.
Narcotics detectives, with the assistance of the Sheriff's Emergency Response Team, executed a search warrant at the Deer Trail Road home and discovered quantities of high-grade marijuana located throughout the residence, as well as multiple firearms, including pistols, rifles, and shotguns.
Lovaglio was arrested at the home, and Harris was intercepted and arrested down the road while attempting to leave.
They were both charged with sell/deliver marijuana, possession with intent to sell/deliver marijuana, and maintaining a dwelling for controlled substance. They are being held at the Iredell County Detention Center under a $25,000 secured bond each.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Statesville - Iredell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Police looking for two men who robbed north Charlotte bank
- Suspect ID'd in newlywed shooting, considered armed & dangerous
- Source: Judge finds evidence that missing teen was abused before disappearance
- Novant Health Rowan offering new surgery for weight loss
- RCCC offers electrical contractor class
- "Miracle on Monroe Street" Christmas event at Livingstone Sunday