I-77 in Statesville reopens after tractor trailer crash | News
STATESVILLE, NC (WBTV)- All lanes on Interstate 77 in Statesville are back open after a tractor trailer crashed and spilled fuel onto the median Wednesday night.
The North Carolina Highway Patrol says the tractor trailer broke an axle when it crashed on the north-bound side of the highway near Exit 50, East Broad Street, at about 8:30 p.m.
Both sides of the highway were closed for about four hours while crews cleaned up the fuel.
There is no word on injuries, or a cause.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Statesville - Iredell County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- I-85 ramp to re-close after tractor trailer wreck, fire
- Fisherman who drowned after boat sank in Lake Norman identified
- NASCAR driver accused of stealing competitor's vehicles turns himself in
- Huntersville courting Asian business opportunities
- Middle school student charged with threatening President during school visit
- Deputies: Man charged with sex crimes against 15-year-old girl
- Nearly $900 worth of cigarettes stolen in Lincoln Co break-in, deputies say
- 3 arrested in connection with possible meth lab in northern Lincoln Co.
- Plant still closed after 28 sickened in CO exposure in Lincoln Co.
- Five people arrested in break-in that netted only a television and a trip to jail