I-77 in Statesville reopens after tractor trailer crash | News
STATESVILLE, NC (WBTV)- All lanes on Interstate 77 in Statesville are back open after a tractor trailer crashed and spilled fuel onto the median Wednesday night.
The North Carolina Highway Patrol says the tractor trailer broke an axle when it crashed on the north-bound side of the highway near Exit 50, East Broad Street, at about 8:30 p.m.
Both sides of the highway were closed for about four hours while crews cleaned up the fuel.
There is no word on injuries, or a cause.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Statesville - Iredell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend