Teen girl helps raise thousands to fight juvenile diabetes | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - When she was only 11-years-old, Carson LaBelle wanted to do whatever she could to fight juvenile diabetes.
That's when two young relatives received their diagnosis.
Now 13-years-old, she and her father are in the third year of the Troutman Ride and Stride which will take place on September 8th. The proceeds go to the Charlotte chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
The event includes a 25 mile organized bike ride and a 5k run.
In the first two years they've raised nearly $20,000 for the cause.
To learn more about the ride click here.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Statesville - Iredell County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- I-85 ramp closed after tractor trailer wreck, fire
- Fisherman who drowned after boat sank in Lake Norman identified
- NASCAR driver accused of stealing competitor's vehicles turns himself in
- Huntersville courting Asian business opportunities
- Middle school student charged with threatening President during school visit
- Deputies: Man charged with sex crimes against 15-year-old girl
- Nearly $900 worth of cigarettes stolen in Lincoln Co break-in, deputies say
- 3 arrested in connection with possible meth lab in northern Lincoln Co.
- Plant still closed after 28 sickened in CO exposure in Lincoln Co.
- Five people arrested in break-in that netted only a television and a trip to jail