Highway Patrol identifies women involved in deadly wreck near Rowan Co. line | News
MOORESVILLE, NC (WBTV)- The North Carolina Highway Patrol identified a driver killed in a wreck Thursday morning near the Rowan-Iredell County line as Lauren Kim Riley, 45, of Mocksville.
Investigators told WBTV Riley was driving northbound on Highway 801 when a car going southbound crossed the center line and hit Riley's car head-on. Riley's car hit a tree, trapping her inside.
Thursday morning, investigators told WBTV a man, woman, and a child in the second vehicle were taken to the hospital and expected to be OK. Late Thursday, Highway Patrol identified the second driver as Shasta Backrose, 33.
Investigators said charges are pending against Backrose.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Statesville - Iredell County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rendleman comes home to work out for the Bobcats
- Deputies: Man charged with sex crimes against 15-year-old girl
- Nearly $900 worth of cigarettes stolen in Lincoln Co break-in, deputies say
- 3 arrested in connection with possible meth lab in northern Lincoln Co.
- Plant still closed after 28 sickened in CO exposure in Lincoln Co.