Walmart greeter robs his own store after shift ends, police say | Crime
STATESVILLE - A Walmart employee has been charged with attempted robbery of his own store Sunday night, police told WBTV.
The 83-year-old Walmart greeter was charged with robbing another employee and firing shots inside of the store Sunday night, accoding to a Statesville Police report.
George Plane Jr. was charged Sunday night by Statesville Police for pointing a gun at the head of a fellow Walmart employee and taking money from a cash register, police said.
After Plane’s shift Sunday night, he went outside to this car to get a gun, then went into the garden center of the store, stuck a gun to an employee’s head, and made him walk to the cash register to remove money, police reported.
Police say a witness saw Plane leave the store and drive off, then followed him and directed responding officers to Plane's location.
Plane was charged with armed robbery and discharging a firearm inside the city limits. He is being held at the Iredell County Detention Center under a $75,000 bond.
Top Statesville - Iredell County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rendleman comes home to work out for the Bobcats
- Deputies: Man charged with sex crimes against 15-year-old girl
- Nearly $900 worth of cigarettes stolen in Lincoln Co break-in, deputies say
- 3 arrested in connection with possible meth lab in northern Lincoln Co.
- Plant still closed after 28 sickened in CO exposure in Lincoln Co.