Walmart greeter robs his own store after shift ends, police say | Crime
STATESVILLE - A Walmart employee has been charged with attempted robbery of his own store Sunday night, police told WBTV.
The 83-year-old Walmart greeter was charged with robbing another employee and firing shots inside of the store Sunday night, accoding to a Statesville Police report.
George Plane Jr. was charged Sunday night by Statesville Police for pointing a gun at the head of a fellow Walmart employee and taking money from a cash register, police said.
After Plane’s shift Sunday night, he went outside to this car to get a gun, then went into the garden center of the store, stuck a gun to an employee’s head, and made him walk to the cash register to remove money, police reported.
Police say a witness saw Plane leave the store and drive off, then followed him and directed responding officers to Plane's location.
Plane was charged with armed robbery and discharging a firearm inside the city limits. He is being held at the Iredell County Detention Center under a $75,000 bond.
Upcoming Events near Statesville - Iredell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators find 22nd meth lab of year in Lincoln Co.
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Police: woman claims "b******" stole her drugs, crack pipes found in bra
- Quadry in a quandry; sheriff says student left key piece of evidence at home break in
- Livingstone set for major announcement involved with SEED Foundation
- Gallery tour and James Donaldson reception tonight
- NASCAR tests Gen-6 car for 2014