Teacher charged after police find cocaine during traffic stop | Crime
MOORESVILLE, NC (WBTV) - A school teacher is facing charges following a traffic stop in which police allegedly found cocaine on a passenger in her car.
According to the Mooresville Police Department, the Narcotics Division served warrants for Allyson Lynn Knapp on Tuesday, Feb. 22. Knapp is a school teacher at West Iredell High School.
Mooresville police say cops stopped Knapp's Buick LaSabre during a traffic stop on Monday, Feb. 14. She was driving the car and Allen Jamar Ford was a passenger.
Police say Ford was in possession of two grams of powder cocaine.
Knapp was charged with maintaining a vehicle to keep, sell, or use a controlled substance, and felony conspiracy. She was given a $10,000 unsecured bond.
Ford turned himself into Iredell County Jail Wednesday morning. He is charged with intent to sell or deliver cocaine, and felony conspiracy.
Copyright 2011 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Statesville - Iredell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend