Man poses as police officer to rob group at gunpoint, police say | Crime
STATESVILLE, NC (WBTV)- Police in Statesville are looking for a man who posed as a police officer and robbed several people outside a bar Monday night.
The incident occurred around 9:40 p.m. in the parking lot of Eastside Billiards at 1607 Salisbury Hwy, according to a news release from the Statesville Police Department.
Upon arrival, Officers learned that three people who were together were approached in the parking lot by a white male who was armed with 2 handguns.
The suspect then pointed the weapon at two of the victims and told them to get out of their car and place their hands on the car, that he was a "Narcotics Police Officer".
The suspect then used "zip ties" to bind the hands of two of the victims and ordered them to the ground. A third victim was then ordered out of their car by the suspect. The suspect went through a purse in the victim's vehicle, dumping out the contents and took cash from it.
The suspect then cut the zip ties off of the two victims and told them to get into their car and keep their hands up. The suspect then fled from the area on foot toward the railroad tracks behind the business.
Officers canvassed the area but the suspect was not located.
The suspect was described as a white male, wearing a black jacket, blue jeans, black boots and a bandana around his neck. The suspect never displayed a badge or any type of law enforcement identification.
This investigation is ongoing, and anyone with information is asked to contact the Statesville Police Dept. at 704-878-3406 or Iredell Crime Stoppers at 704-662-1340. Callers can remain anonymous.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Statesville - Iredell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Police looking for two men who robbed north Charlotte bank
- Man shot after firing at deputies, trying to rob store, officials say
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend
- Teachers selling BBQ to show "Love for Leah"
- Icy conditions for the Carolinas?
- Jeff Childress Named Catawba’s Interim Director of Athletics
- "Knock Out Game" in Salisbury? Police Chief says it's bogus, asks writer to pull story
- Source: Judge finds evidence that missing teen was abused before disappearance
- Novant Health Rowan offering new surgery for weight loss