8 charged, 1 wanted for selling heroin in Iredell County | Crime
STATESVILLE - Narcotics detectives with the Iredell County Sheriff's Office arrested and charged eight people for selling heroin in Iredell County after a two month investigation and are still searching for a ninth suspect.
All eight people arrested - Nathan Albert Ford, Angel Pardue Fulbright, Patricia Brook Baity, Joshua Michael Waugh, William James Squailia, Matthew Lawrence Baker, Michelle Lynn Colella and Justin Lee Melvin - are facing charges in connection with Heroin Distribution in Iredell County, detectives say.
Warrants have been issued for the arrest of Matthew Kirk Rorrer, 22, of the 700 block of Shinneville Road in Mooresville for two counts of selling and delivering heroin.
The sheriff's office started to receive several reports from concerned neighbors in early February about the possible selling of heroin at a home on South Greenbrier Road just south of Highway 64.
Narcotics detectives began an investigation involving witnesses, informants and surveillance to gather evidence in the case, and learned multiple individuals were involved in the drug activity at several locations.
An undercover detective purchased heroin from one of the dealers, and was able identify suspects as well as issue warrants to collect evidence.
On April 18, surveillance units detained seven people after observing a drug deal at a home in the 200 block of Gaston Court in Statesville. The dealers left the home and joined a group of people in a nearby parking lot before detectives moved in.
Heroin and drug paraphernalia were found during a pat down and the drugs sold at the home on Gaston Court were recovered.
Three firearms were also seized at the time of the arrests.
The charges are as follows:
- Nathan Albert Ford, 28, of the 200 block of Gaston Ct in Statesville was charged with Sell/Deliver Heroin and Possession of Firearm by Felon. He was placed in the Iredell County Detention under a $100,000 bond.
- Angel Pardue Fulbright, 25, of the 200 block of Gaston Court in Statesville was charged with Obstruction of Justice and was given a $1,500 bond.
- Patricia Brook Baity of the 600 block of Old Mountain Road in Statesville was charged with Conspiracy to Sell/Deliver Heroin and was given a $1,500 secured bond.
- Joshua Michael Waugh, 24, of of the 2600 block of Amity Hill Road in Statesville was charged with Conspiracy to Sell/Deliver Heroin. He was given a $15,000 secured bond.
- William James Squailia, 01-13-64 of the 100 block of Dusty Loop in Statesville was arrested and charged with Conspiracy to Sell/Deliver Heroin. He was given a 15,000 secured bond.
- Matthew Lawrence Baker, 19, of the 200 block of Rumple Hill Drive inStatesville was charged with Conspiracy to Sell/Deliver Heroin. He was given a $3,000 bond
- Michelle Lynn Colella, 30, of the 3200 block of Creek Bend Court in Sherrills Ford was charged with Conspiracy to Sell/Deliver Heroin. She was given a $1,500 bond.
- Justin Lee Melvin of W/M 03-17-89 of the 100 block of Stonefield in Troutman was charged with (2) counts of Sell/Deliver Heroin and one count Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. He was given a $5,000.00 bond
Upcoming Events near Statesville - Iredell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend