Virginia man arrested on I-77 for narcotics violations | Crime
STATESVILLE, NC (WBTV)- Members of the Iredell County I.C.E. Team conducted a traffic stop on a 2008 Jeep SUV for a valid traffic violation on I-77 at the 58 mile marker south bound.
While speaking with the listed driver/suspect Justin Allen Taylor, 22, of Rocky Gap, Virginia, officers detected a strong odor of Marijuana coming from inside the Jeep. A warning citation was issued and a search of the vehicle was conducted, according to a news release from the Iredell County Sheriff's Offce.
Located in the vehicle and on the driver was 8.5 grams of Marijuana, 9 dosage units of Hydrocodone, and 1.1 grams of MDMA/"MOLLY" along with $2,002 in U.S. Currency and a loaded .38-cal S&W handgun.
The Taylor was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana, trafficking in opium, possession of extacy and carrying a concealed weapon. Taylor was taken to the Iredell County jail where he received a $50,000.00 secured bond.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Statesville - Iredell County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NASCAR driver accused of stealing competitor's vehicles turns himself in
- Huntersville courting Asian business opportunities
- Middle school student charged with threatening President during school visit
- Police: Middle schooler used school-laptop to chat with sex offender
- President calls for high-speed, wireless Internet in 99% of nation's schools
- Deputies: Man charged with sex crimes against 15-year-old girl
- Nearly $900 worth of cigarettes stolen in Lincoln Co break-in, deputies say
- 3 arrested in connection with possible meth lab in northern Lincoln Co.
- Plant still closed after 28 sickened in CO exposure in Lincoln Co.
- Five people arrested in break-in that netted only a television and a trip to jail