Marijuana grow operation busted in Iredell Co. | Crime
IREDELL COUNTY, NC (WBTV)- Deputies in Iredell County have spent much of the evening at a home in Troutman where they've discovered a marijuana growing operation.
Investigators told WBTV that the owner of the house made the discovery when he showed up to check on his property.
He had not seen the renters in some time.
The home is located near I-77 and Amity Hill Road.
According to investigators, the home owner went inside and found that the place he leasing was full of marijuana that was being processed for distribution.
Deputies are calling it a very elaborate endeavor.
"We have a very sophisticated operation here." That's according to Captain Marty Byers.
He said, "They're watering their plants in the house. They have lights set up. Upstairs they have their drying operation."
Estimated street value is in the neighborhood of $10,000, but investigators say what makes it such an interesting find is the method that growers were using.
Captain Byers said, "It's kind of production line so to speak."
Investigators found the suspect in the case. So far they are not releasing his name.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Statesville - Iredell County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rendleman comes home to work out for the Bobcats
- Deputies: Man charged with sex crimes against 15-year-old girl
- Nearly $900 worth of cigarettes stolen in Lincoln Co break-in, deputies say
- 3 arrested in connection with possible meth lab in northern Lincoln Co.
- Plant still closed after 28 sickened in CO exposure in Lincoln Co.