Business owner faces drug charges | Crime
SALISBURY - The owner of a local pressure washing business is in jail under $50,000 bond after being hit with drug charges by investigators at the Rowan County Sheriff's Office.
Andy Jerome Bowers, 35, is charged with drug possession with the intent to distribute marijuana, maintaining a dwelling for the purposes of the drug trade, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
The Special Investigations Unit and Aggressive Criminal Enforcement Unit executed a state search warrant on Bowers property at 9355 W. Highway 152 in Mooresville. Deputies seized four ounces of "high grade" marijuana, as well as several weapons, and drug paraphernalia.
Bond was set at $50,000 for Bowers, but then another charged was added from Mecklenburg County for failure to appear in court. An additional bond of $16,951 was then added.
Top Statesville - Iredell County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fisherman who drowned after boat sank in Lake Norman identified
- I-85 ramp closed after tractor trailer wreck, fire
- NASCAR driver accused of stealing competitor's vehicles turns himself in
- Huntersville courting Asian business opportunities
- Middle school student charged with threatening President during school visit
- Deputies: Man charged with sex crimes against 15-year-old girl
- Nearly $900 worth of cigarettes stolen in Lincoln Co break-in, deputies say
- 3 arrested in connection with possible meth lab in northern Lincoln Co.
- Plant still closed after 28 sickened in CO exposure in Lincoln Co.
- Five people arrested in break-in that netted only a television and a trip to jail