Over $60,000 in drugs seized on I-77 | Crime
STATESVILLE, NC (WBTV) - More than $60,000 in cocaine was found in a van on Interstate 77 Friday.
Lesepth McDonald Foster, 45, of Hollywood, Florida, was arrested and charged for trafficking cocaine by possession and transportation and felony possession of marijuana, according to a news release from the Iredell County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies stopped Foster in his 2011 Chrysler van for speeding and failing to maintain a single lane of travel on I-77 northbound.
During the course of the search deputies located approximately 440 grams of cocaine with a street values of $66,000.00 and 184 grams of marijuana with a street value of $920, according to the release.
Foster is presently being held in the Iredell County Detention Center under a secure bond.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Statesville - Iredell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend