Over $60,000 in drugs seized on I-77 | Crime
STATESVILLE, NC (WBTV) - More than $60,000 in cocaine was found in a van on Interstate 77 Friday.
Lesepth McDonald Foster, 45, of Hollywood, Florida, was arrested and charged for trafficking cocaine by possession and transportation and felony possession of marijuana, according to a news release from the Iredell County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies stopped Foster in his 2011 Chrysler van for speeding and failing to maintain a single lane of travel on I-77 northbound.
During the course of the search deputies located approximately 440 grams of cocaine with a street values of $66,000.00 and 184 grams of marijuana with a street value of $920, according to the release.
Foster is presently being held in the Iredell County Detention Center under a secure bond.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Statesville - Iredell County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- I-85 ramp closed after tractor trailer wreck, fire
- Fisherman who drowned after boat sank in Lake Norman identified
- NASCAR driver accused of stealing competitor's vehicles turns himself in
- Huntersville courting Asian business opportunities
- Middle school student charged with threatening President during school visit
- Deputies: Man charged with sex crimes against 15-year-old girl
- Nearly $900 worth of cigarettes stolen in Lincoln Co break-in, deputies say
- 3 arrested in connection with possible meth lab in northern Lincoln Co.
- Plant still closed after 28 sickened in CO exposure in Lincoln Co.
- Five people arrested in break-in that netted only a television and a trip to jail