Sheriff's Office makes several arrest over the weekend | Crime
STATESVILLE - Iredell County Sheriff Phil Redmond announced Monday the following arrest by his office over the weekend:
- Nina Jean Shalvey, 20, of Sutton Court in Statesville, and William James Parson III, 24, of Westside Terrace in Davidson, were both charged with possession of more than one ounce of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- David Ryan Johnson, 24, of Freda Lane in Statesville was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
- John Joseph Henderson, 31, of Mayes Street in Huntersville was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Devan Alexander Holland, 21, of N. River Ridge Road in Jonesville, was charged with driving while impaired.
- Travis Wayne Bost, 22, of John Snider Road in Lexington, was charged with possession of a schedule II controlled substance.
Ryan Hope Hughes, 30, of Porter Road, was charged with felony fleeing to elude, driving while impaired, driving while license revoked, damage to property and driving left of center.
Hughes was arrested after a brief chase with police. Hughes led police to his residence and fought the officers to the ground until he was placed under arrest.
Hughes bail was set at $31,000.
Copyright 2011 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Statesville - Iredell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Water line leak forces closure of 2 lanes of Hwy 150
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend
- Officials: 2 arrested in case of newlywed shot during break-in
- Local woman talks about meeting Nelson Mandela
- Warrants: Man charged with murder would inherit property if grandfather, mother died
- Police: man jailed after knife attack on his own mother
- Newlywed man shot in head during break-in was supposed to be at Florida prison with church choir