Teen tries to eat pot, hide evidence, sheriff says | Crime
TROUTMAN - A Mooresville teen tried to eat the evidence at a check point Wednesday night before being arrested, the Iredell County Sheriff's Office said.
Sheriff's Office deputies and officers with the Troutman Police Department held a check point on Oswalt Amity Road near Perry Road in Troutman.
A deputy said he smelled an odor of marijuana coming from a silver Toyota, the sheriff's office said. A K-9 unit was brought in to make a pass around the vehicle.
According to the sheriff's office, the passenger, Jesse Edmund Peveler, 19, of E. Iredell Avenue, was seen putting something in his mouth as the deputy was walking back to the car.
More news (story continues below):
- Sheriff: Man with rubber snake arrested after causing crash
- NC hunter banned from hunting "anywhere in the world"
- Teen found hours after being crushed between truck and tree
- Woman becomes first openly gay candidate to win Charlotte primary
- Cops: Student brings bullets to elementary school in bookbag
Peveler allegedly had marijuana shake on his lips and in his lap.
The deputy then asked Peveler to open his mouth, which contained a large amount of pot that he was trying to swallow, the sheriff's office said. A clear plastic bag with marijuana shake in it was also found on the floor of the care.
Peveler was charged for the marijuana, drug paraphernalia obstruct and resist and delay. He was taken to the Iredell County Detention Center and was placed under a $500 secured bond
Upcoming Events near Statesville - Iredell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend