Fund set up to help 2-year-old girl burned in fire | Community Spirit
STATESVILLE - A fund has been set up to help a two-year-old girl that was burned in a house fire in Statesville on Monday.
Emma Rae Thompson received third degree burns to her arms when her grandparent's home in the 300 block of Bethesda Road in Statesville caught fire around 2:30 p.m.
Members of the Wayside Volunteer Fire Department said the grandmother tried to go back in the home several times in order to rescue her grandchild, but was unable to get through the flames.
Firefighters did manage to get through the flames to rescue the 2-year-old girl, who was then airlifted to a burn center.
Previous article: Toddler rescued from fire treated for 3rd degree burns
Emma's parents told Iredell County Deputy Fire Marshal Tom Moore that Emma was listed in serious, but stable condition at Brenner Children's Hospital in Winston-Salem.
A fund has been set up at the Fifth Third Bank in Davidson. Those who would like to help towards Emma's treatment can send donations to:
Fifth Third Bank
Emma Rae Thompson Fund
124 S. Main Street
Davidson NC, 28036
If you want to send anything to Emma, you can send it to:
Emma Rae Thompson
PO Box 421
Davidson NC, 28036
Photos provided by the Thompson family.
Upcoming Events near Statesville - Iredell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Water line leak forces closure of 2 lanes of Hwy 150
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend
- Happy Christmas from Salisbury, England
- Officials: 2 arrested in case of newlywed shot during break-in
- Man shot to death in car on Brenner Avenue; second shooting within 8 hours
- Local woman talks about meeting Nelson Mandela
- Warrants: Man charged with murder would inherit property if grandfather, mother died