"Native Carolinas" at Fort Dobbs State Historic Site this weekend | Arts & Culture
STATESVILLE - Fort Dobbs will host an event focusing on the Native American cultures that affected the history of western North Carolina at the time of the French and Indian War. Traditional native crafts will be demonstrated with some items offered for sale. Main feature will be performances at 11am and 1pm by the Warriors of AniKituwha: the traditional dance group associated with the Museum of the Cherokee Indian.
Date: Saturday, August 13th
Hours: 10am to 4pm
Venue: Fort Dobbs State Historic Site
Address: 438 Fort Dobbs Road, Statesville
Need more information? Please click HERE or call 704.873.5882.
Upcoming Events near Statesville - Iredell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Water line leak forces closure of 2 lanes of Hwy 150
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend
- Officials: 2 arrested in case of newlywed shot during break-in
- Man shot to death in car on Brenner Avenue; second shooting within 8 hours
- Local woman talks about meeting Nelson Mandela
- Warrants: Man charged with murder would inherit property if grandfather, mother died
- Police: man jailed after knife attack on his own mother