"Native Carolinas" at Fort Dobbs State Historic Site this weekend | Arts & Culture
STATESVILLE - Fort Dobbs will host an event focusing on the Native American cultures that affected the history of western North Carolina at the time of the French and Indian War. Traditional native crafts will be demonstrated with some items offered for sale. Main feature will be performances at 11am and 1pm by the Warriors of AniKituwha: the traditional dance group associated with the Museum of the Cherokee Indian.
Date: Saturday, August 13th
Hours: 10am to 4pm
Venue: Fort Dobbs State Historic Site
Address: 438 Fort Dobbs Road, Statesville
Need more information? Please click HERE or call 704.873.5882.
Top Statesville - Iredell County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- I-85 ramp closed after tractor trailer wreck, fire
- Fisherman who drowned after boat sank in Lake Norman identified
- NASCAR driver accused of stealing competitor's vehicles turns himself in
- Huntersville courting Asian business opportunities
- Middle school student charged with threatening President during school visit
- Deputies: Man charged with sex crimes against 15-year-old girl
- Nearly $900 worth of cigarettes stolen in Lincoln Co break-in, deputies say
- 3 arrested in connection with possible meth lab in northern Lincoln Co.
- Plant still closed after 28 sickened in CO exposure in Lincoln Co.
- Five people arrested in break-in that netted only a television and a trip to jail