Deputies: Charlotte man arrested during traffic stop, pot and cocaine in the car |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Investigators in Iredell County arrested a Charlotte man they say had $75,000 worth of illegal drugs in his vehicle.
48-year-old Carlton Grant McGinnis of Frank Drive in east Charlotte was pulled over Tuesday afternoon on I-77. The Iredell County Sheriff's Office said the traffic stop was initially for a seatbelt violation, but deputies smelled "the overwhelming odor of marijuana". They conducted a search and said they found approximately 300 grams of powder cocaine and 5 grams of marijuana. The estimated street value is $75,000.
McGinnis was charged with trafficking cocaine by possession and possession of marijuana. he is being held in the Iredell County Detention Center under a $150,000 secured bond.
Upcoming Events near Statesville - Iredell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators find 22nd meth lab of year in Lincoln Co.
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Police: woman claims "b******" stole her drugs, crack pipes found in bra
- Quadry in a quandry; sheriff says student left key piece of evidence at home break in
- Livingstone set for major announcement involved with SEED Foundation
- Gallery tour and James Donaldson reception tonight
- NASCAR tests Gen-6 car for 2014