Officers: Three arrested for meth-making operation |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Deputies in Iredell County say they interrupted the construction of a meth manufacturing operation in Statesville.
The Iredell County Sheriff's Office Patrol Division was called to assist the Department of Corrections Probation/Parole Office to check on a probationer.
When probation officers arrived, they told 35-year-old Amy Pearson Drum about a warrant-less search provision in her probation order.
Officers searched the home and said they found items that led them to believe Drum was in possession of items that could be considered contraband.
During the search, officers also came upon 49-year-old Charles Edward Cash, and 51-year-old Michael Dean Guffin, both of Cedar Town Georgia.
Deputies contacted Narcotics Detectives, who then contacted the Iredell County Sheriff's Office Crime Lab Chemist.
During the investigation, officers determined Drum had an outstanding Order for Arrest for Failure to Appear for traffic offenses.
Investigators also determined Cash was a fugitive from the state of Gerogia, wanted for Parole/Probation Violation for previous charges stemming from a Meth Manufacturing Operation.
The Chemist and Detectives determined the chemicals and items located in the home were precursor materials for a meth lab.
Detectives arrested Drum, Cash, and Guffin.
All three suspects were charges with Possess / Distribute Methamphetamine Precursors and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and are now being held in the Iredell County Detention Center.
Drum was later charged with two counts of Contributing to the delinquency of a Juvenile, because two children under the age of twelve were in her home while narcotics and numerous items of drug paraphernalia were in common areas of the house.
Drum is being held on $61,500.00 bond, while Cash and Guffin are being held on $60,000.00 bond.
Upcoming Events near Statesville - Iredell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Police looking for two men who robbed north Charlotte bank
- Teachers selling BBQ to show "Love for Leah"
- Investigators: 21st Meth lab in Lincoln Co. this year found, man arrested
- Lincoln Co. Sheriff kicks off 'Top 40' drug round-up Wednesday
- Deputies: Denver man arrested after he tried to break into neighbor's house
- Duo arrested after robbing store with BB gun, knife, police say
- Family friend of newlywed man shot in head: No anger toward shooter
- Source: Judge finds evidence that missing teen was abused before disappearance
- Police: One person dead in Salisbury vehicle crash
- Bogle resigns as Rowan Director of Building Code Enforcement
- Parsons back in court Monday to resume custody hearing