Deputies: Charlotte woman lied to family, took their money |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
A Charlotte woman was arrested for obtaining property by false pretense.
The Iredell County Sheriff's Office received a report about Barbara Green-Knapp, 49, in late September.
Deputies spoke to the victims who said they hired Green-Knapp as an Interior Decorator in May.
The victims said they took part in several design consults with Green-Knapp, and wrote three separate checks totaling $21,215.03 for items.
Two days after the report was filed, deputies spoke with Green-Knapp and retrieved some of the furnishings the victims had paid for already. Deputies say Green-Knapp advised at that time she would obtain the remaining property in several weeks.
Investigators say they later discovered Green-Knapp had not ordered those items.
A warrant for issued and Green-Knapp was arrested November 19.
Green-Knapp wasa processed and placed in the Iredell County Detention Center under a $3,500 secured bond. She was also served with a warrant from Mecklenburg County for Felony Worthless Check, and given an $800 secured bond for that charge.
Top Statesville - Iredell County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- I-85 ramp closed after tractor trailer wreck, fire
- Fisherman who drowned after boat sank in Lake Norman identified
- NASCAR driver accused of stealing competitor's vehicles turns himself in
- Huntersville courting Asian business opportunities
- Middle school student charged with threatening President during school visit
- Deputies: Man charged with sex crimes against 15-year-old girl
- Nearly $900 worth of cigarettes stolen in Lincoln Co break-in, deputies say
- 3 arrested in connection with possible meth lab in northern Lincoln Co.
- Plant still closed after 28 sickened in CO exposure in Lincoln Co.
- Five people arrested in break-in that netted only a television and a trip to jail