Deputies: Charlotte woman lied to family, took their money |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
A Charlotte woman was arrested for obtaining property by false pretense.
The Iredell County Sheriff's Office received a report about Barbara Green-Knapp, 49, in late September.
Deputies spoke to the victims who said they hired Green-Knapp as an Interior Decorator in May.
The victims said they took part in several design consults with Green-Knapp, and wrote three separate checks totaling $21,215.03 for items.
Two days after the report was filed, deputies spoke with Green-Knapp and retrieved some of the furnishings the victims had paid for already. Deputies say Green-Knapp advised at that time she would obtain the remaining property in several weeks.
Investigators say they later discovered Green-Knapp had not ordered those items.
A warrant for issued and Green-Knapp was arrested November 19.
Green-Knapp wasa processed and placed in the Iredell County Detention Center under a $3,500 secured bond. She was also served with a warrant from Mecklenburg County for Felony Worthless Check, and given an $800 secured bond for that charge.
Upcoming Events near Statesville - Iredell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators find 22nd meth lab of year in Lincoln Co.
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Police: woman claims "b******" stole her drugs, crack pipes found in bra
- Quadry in a quandry; sheriff says student left key piece of evidence at home break in
- Livingstone set for major announcement involved with SEED Foundation
- Gallery tour and James Donaldson reception tonight
- NASCAR tests Gen-6 car for 2014