Teen charged with kidnapping, raping 12-year-old girl from Mooresville | Crime
MOORESVILLE (WBTV) - A 19-year-old man was charged this week with kidnapping in the case of the disappearance of a 12-year-old girl in Mooresville late last month, Mooresville police said.
Zachary Eugene Stout, who is from Mississippi, was charged with first-degree kidnapping and several sexual assualt charges, including statutory rape and indecent liberties with a child, after the girl went missing on Dec. 27, police said.
In that case, the girl was last seen late the morning of December 27, according to her parents, who filed a report with the Mooresville Police Department.
Her mother said that the girl went for a walk and then was missing. Her family and others made pleas for her return on Facebook that afternoon and evening.
Late that night, the girl was found with a man in Mississippi, police said, and her parents drove there to pick her up.
According to Sheriff Phil Redmond, Stout met the victim via MySpace. During the month of November 2010 , Stout traveled from Mississippi to North Carolina and met with the victim in Southern Iredell County. The victim was sexually assaulted at that time.
Stout again made a trip back to Southern Iredell County in December 2010 to meet with the victim again. After the December sexual assault, Stout took the victim back to Mississippi.
In the last few days, police contacted Stout in Mississippi and asked him to come to Iredell County Thursday for an interview, Captain Balker, of the Mooresville Police, told WBTV.
Iredell County Deputies charged Stout with two counts of first-degree statutory Rape, one count of indecent liberties with a child and one count 2nd degree forcible rape.
Stout was placed in the Iredell County Detention Center under a $100,000 bond.
Upcoming Events near Statesville - Iredell County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Water line leak forces closure of 2 lanes of Hwy 150
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend
- Happy Christmas from Salisbury, England
- Officials: 2 arrested in case of newlywed shot during break-in
- Man shot to death in car on Brenner Avenue; second shooting within 8 hours
- Local woman talks about meeting Nelson Mandela
- Warrants: Man charged with murder would inherit property if grandfather, mother died